Riding The Bus
Carrying Bikes and Skis
Bike and ski/snowboard racks are provided for your convenience. Use them at your own risk. Mountain Express is not responsible for any damage or loss of property. Loading and unloading is the responsibility of the passenger.
- Skis and snowboards are allowed on the bus.
- Bikes are not allowed inside Mountain Express buses.
- Mountain Express buses are equipped with bicycle racks on both the front and back of the buses in the summer. Some buses have a rack on the front in the winter.
- Loading your bike is on a first-come/first-served basis.
- If the racks are full, you will need to wait for another bus. HINT: Catch the next inbound bus or travel to one of the stops before the one you are at.
- Only people capable of loading and unloading their own bikes will be allowed to use the bike racks, unless accompanied by an adult who is capable of assisting.
- We strongly suggest you use the bungee cords provided on the racks to secure your bike to the rack.
- The driver is not in a position to assist in loading or unloading bicycles.
- Mountain Express is not responsible for bikes placed on racks.
Other Policies & Etiquette
- Road and weather conditions may prevent us from running on schedule. Your safety is our number one concern.
- The Town Shuttle bus stops only at designated bus stops. The Condo buses in Mt. Crested Butte will stop anywhere on the designated route except on Gothic Road.
- Stop signs on Whiterock Ave at 3rd, 4th and 5th Streets on the Town Shuttle route are on demand or on call stops and require you, the passenger, verbalizing to the driver that you need one of those stops. It’s as simple as saying, “Next stop please” before the driver makes a complete stop.
- Be at your stop early. Watches and clocks seldom agree, and an error of a minute or two may result in a missed bus.
- No smoking, alcoholic beverages, hazardous materials or flammable liquids are allowed on buses.
- Use caution during wet or icy weather.
- Flash photography is discouraged for safety’s sake. A driver may ask you to refrain from taking photos with a flash.